Malaysian Missionary Services (MMS) was set up by Ernest Poon in 1997 with the blessing of H. V. Cooke of JIC to follow the concept and practices of other Brethren Assembly Missionary Agencies such as EOS, MSC, CMML, NZMS & AMT. It was presented to the Assembly Leaders Conference a year later and was accepted by all the assembly leaders present.
In March 2005, MMS Trust was incorporated to replace MMS.
1. To facilitate Assembly Mission Work both locally and overseas
2. To promote Assembly Commended Workers’ (ACW) welfare
3. To challenge & encourage individuals to serve the Lord on a short or longer term.
4. To promote interest and prayer support for missions on part of individuals and assemblies
- Publishing mission news and prayer letter
- Promoting the annual ‘Assembly Commended Workers’ Day
- Promoting mission awareness and organizing short mission trips around S.E.A.
- Operating an Education Fund to provide financial assistance to enable the children of ACW to pursue either vocational or tertiary education
The Board Members
Chairman : Ong Hock Chye
Secretary : Raymond Hoh
Treasurer : Chris Tay
Lee Kim Seong
Chun Sam Tuck
Lim Wee Leong
Wong Sai Weng
Malaysian Missionary Services Trust
Unit 679 -2-2, Desa Kiara Condo,
Jalan Damansara, 60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel & Fax. 03-77223680